A 28-year-old woman who went missing one week ago was found dead in a thicket, within Ongata Rongai's Kimani Road.
A statement by DCI indicated that the body of Joan Gloria Rumbale, a casual labourer attached to Kazi Mtaani in Ongata Rongai area, was found covered in a heap of rocks.
She was reported to have left work on the morning of Thursday, March 11, but was never seen alive again.An undated image of a police vehicle at a scene of a crime
"After a day of no communication and fruitless search for the missing woman, her sister informed the police of her disappearance on Saturday 13, where the report of a missing person was circulated and probing initiated," reads an excerpt of DCI's report.
The body was found on Wednesday, March 17, and had multiple injuries.
Detectives have requested the public to submit any information that may be helpful to aide in the investigations.
The incident came days after the Deputy Director of Communications at the National Land Commission, Jennifer Itumbi Wambua, was found dead inside the Ngong Forest.
Wambua was last seen on Friday, March 12, leaving her workplace, where she had earlier been dropped by her husband.
Autopsy results of the late Wambua revealed that she died of strangulation by hands.
The family and lawyer of the slain National Land Commission(NLC) officials, while speaking to The Standard on Wednesday, March 17, revealed that she appeared disturbed days before she was kidnapped and later found dead.
“She said she had cases coming up, where she would be cross-examined, and felt that the cases were burdening her," her lawyer said.Jennifer Itumbi Wambua who went missing on Friday, March 12 2021.Daily Nationdead died
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm