A mother and her daughter were on Wednesday, April 14 arrested in possession of highly advanced guns and weapons by detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
According to a statement from the DCI, some of the arms recovered include an M4 sniper rifle with the ability to aim a target half a kilometre away.
The M4 is extensively used by the United States Armed Forces as the primary infantry weapon.An assortment of guns recovered in Dagretti, Nairobi on April 14, 2021File
The women were also found in possession of four pistols and a close-quarter Uzi automatic submachine gun, capable of firing over 600 bullets per minute.
Combined with 3,700 bullets, DCI detectives believe the weapons were sneaked into the country for terror-related activities.
The two suspects hold dual citizenship and live in Racecourse, Dagoretti Corner in Nairobi.
“Detectives are currently holding the suspects for further interrogation, as a ballistic examination of the cache continues,” the DCI said.
Kenyans have raised concern about the possession of highly advanced weapons in the hands of common civilians and the threats posed.
The same concerns were also raised when President Uhuru Kenyatta launched a small arms manufacturing factory in Ruiru.
Within the next five years, Kenya expects to meet the small arms supply-demand of all of the country’s security forces before upgrading to medium and heavy artillery.
One of the guns manufactured in Kenya is the CMZ 4 Assault Rifle unveiled by President Kenyatta during a tour to another government operation at Manyani in Taita Taveta in 2020.President Uhuru Kenyatta holding the CMZ 4 Assault Rifle made in Kenya at the KWS Law Enforcement Academy in Manyani, Taita Taveta County on October 16, 2020Fileweapon gun arrest suspect
- RIP26 September 2021 - 1:16 pm
- NEW ASSOCIATION26 September 2021 - 12:39 pm
- Revealed26 September 2021 - 12:01 pm
- Insider26 September 2021 - 11:32 am
- End Curfew26 September 2021 - 11:03 am
- Confessions26 September 2021 - 10:43 am
- Lucky26 September 2021 - 10:50 am
- Retaliation26 September 2021 - 9:39 am
- RIP26 September 2021 - 8:46 am
- Revealed26 September 2021 - 8:13 am
- Promises26 September 2021 - 7:44 am
- revealed26 September 2021 - 8:43 am