A vehicle lost control, hitting the guard rails on the Thika Superhighway on Wednesday, April 28.
The personal vehicle hit the road barriers at the carwash area just past Roysambu which resulted in a massive traffic snarl-up backing up all the way to Kahawa.
Police and emergency service officers arrived at the scene to offer assistance to the vehicle occupants.
Several accidents have happened on the superhighway over the past month including on April 24 where multiple accidents caused a traffic snarl-up.
The accident involved a truck and a personal vehicle which caused traffic congestion on several lanes of the road.
On Monday, April 19, a privately owned lorry rammed into a police vehicle that had been positioned along the Thika Superhighway as part of the night curfew enforcement measures.
The lorry hit and overturned the police Mitsubishi Canter, critically injuring some of the officers who were rushed to hospital.
Most recent statistics from NTSA showed that road fatalities between January and December 2021r stood at 3,663, compared to 3,508 in 2019.
According to NTSA statistics, there was an increase of 9.4% of the fatalities on the road compared to last year.
Between January and December 13, 2020, 3,663 people died on the road compared to 3,348 of the same period last year, translating to 215 fatalities.
Fewer deaths of passengers and pedestrians were recorded compared to 2019, according to the latest data from NTSA.A Toyota Noah involved in an accident on Monday, March 22Fileaccident died fatal death
- GRASS TO GRACE1 February 2023 - 7:01 pm
- Listen Up1 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Need Aid1 February 2023 - 7:03 pm
- Biblical1 February 2023 - 6:46 pm
- Inspiring1 February 2023 - 6:17 pm
- The Truth1 February 2023 - 5:35 pm
- Lewd1 February 2023 - 5:10 pm
- Innovative1 February 2023 - 6:07 pm
- Revered1 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- Boost1 February 2023 - 5:14 pm
- Conceal1 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- Oppose1 February 2023 - 4:47 pm