The Kenya National Highway Authority (KeNHA) has been forced to extend the closure of a section of Uhuru Highway at the Nyayo roundabout.
In a notice on May 31, the roads agency explained that the extension was occasioned by the contractor needing more time after encountering rock while installing culverts to improve drainage.
The highway was expected to be opened on Monday May 31, after but it shall be extended to Wednesday, June 2, 2021 to allow the contractor sufficient time to complete the upgrades..The Nyayo Stadium Roundabout.File
KeNHA had previously closed the highway from Saturday, May 29, and to Monday, May 31, issuing a notice to motorists over the construction works.
The ongoing construction of the Expressway has resulted in heavy traffic to motorists using Mombasa Road.
The situation had been worsened by poor drainage at the roundabout especially during the rainy period.
Motorists have been urged to use Aerodrome road, Dunga road and Baricho road to access the Central Business District.
KeNHA has promised to put appropriate directional signs for effective traffic flow and for safety purposes. Last month a motorist drove into a ditch at the construction site on the highway.A car inside a ditch along Uhuru Highway at Nyayo Roundabout.
The Authority has apologised to motorists for any inconvenience caused by the closure of Uhuru highway.
To avoid accidents, the highway authority has urged members of the public to practice caution while using the route.Construction signage at a road construction site. Source Facebookaccident
- Revealed17 August 2022 - 8:22 pm
- Repulse17 August 2022 - 7:43 pm
- School Calendar17 August 2022 - 7:25 pm
- So Sad17 August 2022 - 7:10 pm
- Delayed17 August 2022 - 6:58 pm
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm