A man in Webuye risked his life on Tuesday, July 6, to save a Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) employee who was electrocuted.
The Webuye based employee was electrocuted as he attempted to fix a problem atop a pole.
In an amateur video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the Webuye man climbed an electric pole and helped tie up the electrician who was unconscious at this time.Kenya Power Building in Nairobi CBD.
Minutes later, a KPLC employee arrived the scene and helped to bring down the man using a rope that was tied around his waist.
Residents could be heard issuing instructions to the two men that were helping the victim and after nine minutes and fifty five seconds, the rescue mission was complete.
The man, whose name was not known at the time of publishing, was rushed to hospital for urgent treatment.
The incident came a month after a boda boda rider was electrocuted to death while washing his motorcycle in Kanduyi.
Felix Kiplangat was washing his motorbike in an oasis of water which later came into contact with a naked power cable that killed him on the spot.
In a previous press briefing, Kenya Power Safety Health and Environment Manager, John Guda stated that 74 percent of electrocution cases are because of unsafe public practices.
"We insist that the people have to safely use electricity.
“The other 26 percent can be attributed to Kenya Power operations, contractors and non-compliance standards," the KPLC manager stated.Stock photo of a speeding ambulanceFiledeath killed
- Tragic28 January 2023 - 9:24 am
- EXPLAINED28 January 2023 - 9:02 am
- dreams come true28 January 2023 - 8:26 am
- CHANGE OF TUNE28 January 2023 - 7:43 am
- demands28 January 2023 - 7:23 am
- Explanation28 January 2023 - 7:30 am
- Innovative28 January 2023 - 8:44 am
- Haste27 January 2023 - 8:07 pm
- Opposed27 January 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Heartbreaking27 January 2023 - 7:26 pm
- OPPOSITION27 January 2023 - 7:16 pm
- DIRECTIVE27 January 2023 - 6:15 pm