Kiambaa MP-elect John Njuguna Wanjiku recalled his abduction ordeal during his debut TV interview after clinching the seat on Monday, July 19, 2021.
Wanjiku narrated that the abduction happened in February 2021 when he was planning to host Deputy President William Ruto in Banana, in Kiambu County.
Wanjiku stated he was arrested in Ruaka while making preparations for the meeting, then later kidnapped only for him to be dumped in Bantu Forest at midnight.John Wanjiku Njuguna alongside other UDA Members during the campaign period
The unknown men undressed him and robbed him of all his belongings including laptops and left him deep in the forest late at night.
He managed to untie himself from a tree and made his way out of the forest where he met some mechanics on the Eldoret-Kapsabet route repairing trucks who clothed him.
He reported the incident at Eldoret Central Police Station and Kasarani Police Station where the matter is still under active investigation.
Wanjiku added that the whole kidnapping ordeal was orchestrated by a sitting MP who was opposed to his plans to host DP Ruto in Banana.
Revealing how he clinched the Kiambaa seat, Wanjiku stated that he was not DP Ruto's project but he made the resolution to vie himself. He funded his campaign through the money he had obtained from his wide range of businesses and also through the savings he made from his past banker's career.
Njuguna overcame stiff competition from Jubilee Party candidate Njama Kariri to emerge victorious, garnering 21,773 votes against Kariri's 21,263 votes in a contest that went down to the wire.
However, Jubilee's top officials on Monday, July 19 disputed the poll results insisting that their candidate won.President Uhuru Kenyatta and Jubilee Kiambaa MP aspirant Kariri Njama during a meeting at State House on Thursday, July 8.abduction arrest
- New directive16 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Freedom16 September 2021 - 8:01 pm
- Scammed16 September 2021 - 7:38 pm
- Fury16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Clapback16 September 2021 - 7:29 pm
- OPPORTUNITY16 September 2021 - 6:26 pm
- Central Role16 September 2021 - 6:25 pm
- unfortunate16 September 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Kind-Hearted16 September 2021 - 5:27 pm
- Remarkable16 September 2021 - 5:51 pm
- Disrupted16 September 2021 - 4:38 pm
- long arm of law16 September 2021 - 4:45 pm