Eight people have been buried alive.
The eight, who are all well-workers, were on Monday, August 30, digging a water trench project in Kiandieri area of Kirinyaga Central in Kirinyaga County, when the tragedy struck.
Confirming the incident, Kirinyaga Central Deputy Commissioner Daniel Ndege, said that rescue efforts are underway with four people having already been rescued and one person reported to have succumbed.
The Deputy Commissioner stated that from what witnesses of the incident saw, the eight were buried in sewer caves they had been working on.
Kirinyaga County rescue team and area residents are engrossed in concerted efforts, scrambling to save the lives of those who are still buried.
The county emergency medical team swiftly responded at the scene, with those rescued from the tragedy, being rushed to the Kerugoya Level 4 hospital.
Such tragic incidents, where people are buried alive, have been reported in the recent past, with three people having been buried alive while digging a pit larine in Nyeri County, on June 5, 2021.
In December of 2019, a 27-year-old man harvesting sand at Abwoga sand quarry in Budalang’i constituency, Busia County, was buried alive after the quarry caved in barely a week after another man had been buried on the same siteEntrance to Kerugoya Hospital.
More to follow...explosion explosion
- Triumphant26 June 2022 - 4:41 pm
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Comeback26 June 2022 - 3:24 pm
- Unfortunate26 June 2022 - 1:01 pm
- Details26 June 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Gloves off26 June 2022 - 1:49 pm
- Take Note26 June 2022 - 11:51 am
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 10:48 am
- On the spot26 June 2022 - 9:37 am
- I'm Out26 June 2022 - 8:59 am
- Manhunt26 June 2022 - 8:26 am
- Just in Time26 June 2022 - 7:46 am