Media personality Mwanaisha Chidzuga and her brother Hassan Chidzuga are both seeking to fill their late mother's shoes for the Matugu parliamentary seat in the upcoming 2022 General Election.
Speaking to the media, Hassan emphasized that there was no rivalry or animosity between he and his sister.
He, however, argued that Mwanaisha should seek votes in Garsen, Tana River, where she and her husband Danson Mungatana are registered voters.
Hassan argued that the media personality had cast her vote in Tana River in previous elections.Mwanaisha Chidzuga's brother and Matugu MP aspirant Hassan Chidzuga
"It is impossible for her to cater for the people of Matugu while she is married in Tana River," Hassan stated.
He, however, indicated that the two would have a seat down and decide who will vie for the seat on behalf of the family.
"Everyone is just declaring their interest in the seat. There is no rivalry or bad blood. It just that she has come out first to declare her bid.” he stated.
Mwanaisha has since been endorsed by her family members.
The Chidzugas are related to former Cabinet Minister Chirau Ali Mwakwere who is a longtime Matuga MP.
Chidzuga's mother, Zainab Chidzuga, died on August 12, 2021, after a short illness.
She served as the Kwale Woman Representative between 2013 and 2017 after winning the seat on an Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) ticket.
The legislator was eulogized as a devoted and selfless leader.Former K24 TV anchor Mwanaisha Chidzuga and her mother Zainab.died
- tragic24 October 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Victory24 October 2021 - 4:14 pm
- details24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- HUNTED24 October 2021 - 5:11 pm
- ARRESTED24 October 2021 - 2:53 pm
- HEART DESIRE24 October 2021 - 3:25 pm
- Tragic24 October 2021 - 3:54 pm
- shots fired24 October 2021 - 1:29 pm
- Called Off24 October 2021 - 1:17 pm
- OPPORTUNITIES24 October 2021 - 2:56 pm
- At crossroads24 October 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Targeted24 October 2021 - 12:51 pm