On Tuesday, October 26, photos emerged online of a rebranded Arimis milking jelly package, causing mixed reactions among a section of Kenyans.
The new branded packages made rounds on social media, forcing Arimis management to issue a statement on Wednesday, October 27.
In the statement, the management dismissed the circulating images as a suggestion from a brand manager.An image of the Arimis re-packaging that has been making rounds on social media since Tuesday, October 26.
"To all our esteemed customers and users of our products, we are not rebranding, the circulating brand is just someone's suggestion."
"We stick to our initial brands! Otherwise enjoy the greatness of your skin care," reads the statement by the management.
A netizen with the monicker Suspect Ratio on Twitter was the first to post the photos saying that he had taken it as a passion project to rebrand the product.
Some consumers argued that the initial packaging gave an original feel to the product and needed not be changed.
"We do not want any rebranding on this wonderful product... If you attempt any modifications, then we will neither trust the process nor the results," a netizen, Charles Wainaina, commented.
Brand managers argue that branding helps companies create a product that clients care about and which can be distinguished from its competitors.
The identification increases the perception of the product's value.
"Branding is very important because you want your customers to identify with your products. Without a brand, you won't be visible to your clients," Eddy Mwanza, a brand manager told Kenyans.co.ke.An undated photo of arimis milking jelly at a supermarket(COURTESY)
- Inspiring30 September 2022 - 6:32 pm
- redundancy30 September 2022 - 6:02 pm
- OPPORTUNITY30 September 2022 - 7:07 pm
- Orders30 September 2022 - 5:09 pm
- Goodbye30 September 2022 - 4:48 pm
- Changes30 September 2022 - 4:22 pm
- New TV30 September 2022 - 5:03 pm
- Review30 September 2022 - 3:46 pm
- investigate30 September 2022 - 3:27 pm
- Battle30 September 2022 - 5:23 pm
- Drama30 September 2022 - 5:29 pm
- Demand30 September 2022 - 2:22 pm