- Daily Nation
A warrant of arrest has been issued against Nyali Member of Parliament, Mohammed Ali (Moha Jicho Pevu), for failure to appear in court on October 4, 2021.
The MP stood as a surety for Noordin Hassan Abdallah alias Kamanda, a terror suspect who jumped bail.
Abdallah was charged with the offense of being in possession of radicalization articles vide case number 846/16.An undated image of Nyali Member of Parliament Mohammed Ali (Moha Jicho Pevu)(Courtesy)
"Noordin was arrested in 2019 at Shimoni in Kwale while conducting recruitment and radicalization of local youths into Islamic State and was later released on bond."
"He is an associate of Salim Rashid Mohamed alias Chotara alias Turki IS operative who was filmed in June 2021 conducting beheading in DRC," reads an excerpt of the court documents.
In 2020, Noordin was yet again arrested in Mombasa after he was caught mugging two individuals on CCTV camera.
He was later released on bond and police have not seen him since then.
Ali has since indicated that he is not aware of the issued warrant of arrest.
“We went to court and the case was scheduled for hearing this month (October) on the 18. Is there a warrant I am not aware of ? I am not aware to be honest,” he stated.
The MP stated that he was ready to cooperate with the authorities.Former Mombasa Senator Hassan Omar (left) and Nyali MP Mohamed Ali negotiating with policemen on Sunday 9 August 2020.YouTubearrest suspect
- Inheritance19 May 2022 - 7:29 pm
- Clap back19 May 2022 - 6:44 pm
- Dangerous19 May 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Education Trouble19 May 2022 - 5:24 pm
- Risky19 May 2022 - 5:16 pm
- Cracks19 May 2022 - 4:35 pm
- Saviour19 May 2022 - 3:29 pm
- Expansion19 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Freedom19 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Embattled19 May 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Get Paid19 May 2022 - 2:12 pm
- Responds19 May 2022 - 1:57 pm