A meeting hosted by Kirinyaga Governor, Anne Mumbi Waiguru, was temporarily halted after a section of youth attempted to disrupt it.
In the meeting held on Wednesday, November 8, Waiguru was popularising the United Democratic Alliance's (UDA) bottom-up economic model, when the youth shouted her down.
Waiguru was fast to ask authorities to chase away the rowdy youth claiming that they had been paid to disrupt her meeting.Deputy President William Ruto and Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru at his Karen residence, on October 26, 2021William Ruto Twitter
"Chase out all those who are attempting to disrupt the meeting. We won't allow people to come and disturb peace," the Governor stated before continuing with her speech.
The Governor rallied her supporters to acknowledge UDA party, noting that it is the party of choice for small scale enterprises that are looking to expand as they will benefit from its policies.
"The UDA party acknowledges all kinds of work including the boda boda riders, bee keeping, you name it... There's no work that is of less value than the other," Waiguru stated.
The governor officially decamped from the ruling Jubilee Party to William Ruto's UDA on October 26, 2021.
She plans to use the party to defend her seat in the 2022 gubernatorial race.
Previously, the Governor stated she was seeking advise from her constituents on which party to defend her seat on.
"I will be spending a lot of time on the ground, which will decide what direction I'll take," she had stated at the time.
Waiguru will face Narc Kenya party leader, Martha Karua, and Kirinyaga County Woman Rep, Purity Ngirici, who have declared interest in the gubernatorial race.
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am
- revealed28 November 2021 - 7:53 am
- Up in Flames28 November 2021 - 7:25 am