The body of Veteran journalist Gatonye Gathura was on Thursday, November 25, found in a morgue in Naivasha, Nakuru County.
Police officers reported that his body was found at the Naivasha Sub-County Referral Hospital mortuary after he went missing almost a month ago.
Gathura had been missing since October 26, 2021 and his body found dumped on the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu Road on the same day.Veteran journalist Gatonye Gathura whose body was found in a morgue on Thursday, November 25.The Standard
A copper wire was tied around his neck, an indication that he could have been strangled.
The body would be taken to the morgue and marked as 'unknown male adult.'
A month after his disappearance, the Registrar of Persons used Gatonye's finger prints and established his identity.
Speaking to the Press, Naivasha Sub-County Police Commander Samuel Waweru disclosed no identification documents were found on the deceased.
“We are treating his death as murder. We suspect he was killed elsewhere and the body dumped in Naivasha,” Waweru stated.
Previously, Gathura worked for the Standard and Nation.
He, however, left the two media houses and started his own Health blog by the name Health and Science blog called Rocket Science.
Some of the content published on the site include; reproductive health, mental health and common diseases.An undated image of a police vehicle at a scene of a crimedeath murder killed suspect
- Another Hurdle23 May 2022 - 8:21 am
- Questionable23 May 2022 - 7:55 am
- Trouble Maker23 May 2022 - 7:34 am
- Honored22 May 2022 - 7:48 pm
- Best pair22 May 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Listen Up22 May 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Concern22 May 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Honoured22 May 2022 - 4:20 pm
- Tough Penalties22 May 2022 - 3:14 pm
- political star22 May 2022 - 2:44 pm
- Inspirational22 May 2022 - 2:37 pm
- Innovation22 May 2022 - 1:42 pm