Kenya's High Commissioner to Nigeria Wilfred Machage has died. Machage died at age 65.
His family confirmed that the ex-Migori Senator and former Assistant Minister passed away in Nigeria.
However, Machage's twin brother Sospeter Machage who confirmed his demise did not divulge the cause of death.Former Migori Senator and Kenya's High Commissioner to Nigeria, Dr Wilfred Machage who passed away in February 2022File
He, nonetheless, stated that he passed on after having lunch and the family was distraught as he was of good health.
"It is a very sad moment that I have today lost my best friend and confidant," he told the Standard.
He was first elected as a Member of Parliament to represent the Kuria Constituency in 2002 and served for three terms.
He also served as Migori County's first Senator between 2013 and 2017.
The veteran politician also served the country as Cabinet Minister for the East African Community Affairs and Assistant Minister of Home Affairs in the office of the Vice President.
The deceased quit active politics in 2020 to concentrate on his new duties as a diplomat.
"I have retired from elective politics. I have served my people long enough and I think it is time to move on to other things," said Machage.National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi (left) and the late Dr Wilfred Machage (right) in Abuja, Nigeria in November 2021.Justin Muturidied death
- Busted26 November 2022 - 7:12 pm
- Kind gesture26 November 2022 - 7:31 pm
- Revealed26 November 2022 - 7:04 pm
- Tussle26 November 2022 - 6:46 pm
- Looming Danger26 November 2022 - 6:06 pm
- FREEDOM AT LAST26 November 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Boom26 November 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Duties26 November 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Battle ground26 November 2022 - 4:51 pm
- SPECTACLE26 November 2022 - 4:14 pm
- Close Call26 November 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Boycott26 November 2022 - 3:53 pm