- Kameme FM
A 36-year-old artist has embarked on a journey from Nakuru to Karen, Nairobi by foot to deliver a gift to Deputy President, William Ruto.
Silas Wanjeru, hopes to safely push Ruto’s sculpture on a wheelbarrow along the busy Nakuru - Nairobi highway, a distance of nearly 155 kilometres.
The sculptor decided to travel by foot and deliver the gift on a wheelbarrow as a sign of his support for Ruto’s party, the United Democratic Alliance (UDA).
UDA uses a wheelbarrow symbol as a reference to Ruto’s bottom-up economic model, famously known as the hustler movement.Silas Wanjeru poses with Deputy President William Ruto's sculptor on Saturday, May 21, 2022Kameme FM
“The last destination is William Ruto’s home. This gift is my way of appreciating Ruto’s hard work and commitment to solving Kenya’s problems,” he stated.
Wanjeru, who will walk all the way from his Tumsifu village in Bahati constituency, added that he had prepared himself adequately for the journey.
He noted that the sculpture was made from quality waterproof materials to protect it from rain and sunlight.
"I started this job four years ago, and I have gained fame over time owing to my association with President Uhuru Kenyatta and his deputy, Ruto.
“I will walk through the rain and the cold. We expect the DP to unite us if elected in the August 9 polls.
Wanjeru, in 2019, travelled all the way to Harambee House in Nairobi to gift Uhuru.
“In 2019, I was in the spotlight for delivering a similar sculpture to Uhuru.
“I pray that Ruto will gladly receive my gift wholeheartedly,” he added.Deputy President William Ruto (center) presents wheelbarrows to youths at a past event.
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm