Azimio la Umoja-One Kenya coalition party has won the Nairobi Senatorial Seat.
Edwin Sifuna, who ran on an ODM ticket bagged 716,876 against UDA's Bishop Margaret Wanjiru who polled 524,021 votes.
Sifuna was declared the senator-elect by the Nairobi County Returning Officer (CRO), Albert Gogo.ODM Secretary General, Edwin Sifuna.
"Edwin Watenya Sifuna is duly elected as Senator of Nairobi City County," Gogo announced.
For the Woman Representative seat, incumbent Esther Passaris successfully defended her seat after beating UDA candidate Millicent Omanga.
Passaris secured a total of 698,929 against 586,246 Omanga's votes
"As I being the county returning officer, I hereby declare that Esther Muthoni Passaris is duly elected as county Woman Representative in the National Assembly," the CRO stated.
However, Gogo noted that there were missing results from polling stations whose total voters amounted to 4,731, which could not make a difference in the final tally owing to the huge difference between the leading and second-placed candidates.
Passaris, a close ally of Azimio flagbearer Raila Odinga was emotional and she fought back tears, during her victory speech.
"I want to dedicate this win to my father, who passed away in January and is not here to see me win this.
"As I dedicate this win to you, I will do everything that you taught me; to serve with integrity, compassion, and with the spirit of God in everything that I do," Passaris stated amid tears.Nairobi Woman Rep Esther Passaris (right) and her father.
- Order5 December 2022 - 7:33 pm
- Convicted5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Unraveled5 December 2022 - 4:58 pm
- On the spot5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Ordeal5 December 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Nabbed5 December 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Reunion5 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Transition5 December 2022 - 3:15 pm
- tragic5 December 2022 - 2:55 pm
- Commonwealth5 December 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Justice5 December 2022 - 2:26 pm
- The Law is Clear5 December 2022 - 4:16 pm