Nairobi County government warned 43 bars and restaurants about noise pollution after Governor Johnson Sakaja's move to regulate city nightclubs.
Sakaja cancelled licenses for all nightclubs operating in residential areas in the capital.
The joints were blacklisted after numerous complaints were filed at the Directorate of Environment, Water and Sanitation, tasked with curbing noise pollution.
County officials stated that they conducted noise assessment tests across the listed entertainment joints and found them at fault.
Police officers raided several clubs across the city over the weekend for failure to comply with the governor's directives on playing loud music. Sakaja barred the joints from playing loud music past 10 pm.
The 43 establishments put on notice were:
1. Oysterbay bar (Dagoretti North, Kilimani)
2.909 Lounge (Dagoretti North, Kilimani)
3. Quiver Lounge (Roysambu, Thika Road)
4. Barizi club (Donholm)
6.Pistop club (Langata Road)
7. Claret (Roysambu)
8.Egesa Villa (Embakasi)
9.Onyx (Marsabit plaza, Ngong Road, Kilimani)
10. Gucci Bar (Former Uptown Grill-Kilimani)
11.Amazon Park (Menelik Road, Kilimani)
12. Cliques Lounge (Ngong Road, Kilimani)
13.Oaks & Corks (Menelik Road, Kilimani)
14.Ferrero (Menelik Road, Kilimani)
15.Unnamed Miraa kiosk (Menelik road, Kilimani)
16. Victoria Breeze (Wood Avenue, Kilimani)
17. The kettle House (Othaya Road, Kileleshwa)
18. Empire Lounge (George Padmore off Rose Avenue, Kilimani)
19.Casa Vera Lounge (Kaburu Drive, Kilimani)
20. Roadhouse Grill (Dennis Pritt Road, Kilimani)
21. Blackyz Lounge (Argwings Kodhek Road, Kilimani)
22. Gemini Bistro (Kilimani Ring Road)
23. Cigars & Booze (Chania Avenue, Kilimani)
24. Eltaju Bistro (Westfield Mall, Kilimani)
25.Cloud Twenty (Kasuku Lane, Kilimani)
26.Cavalli Lounge (Kirichwa Lane, Kilimani)
27. Hera Aqua Gardens (Kandara Road, Kileleshwa)
28. Zinque Tavern (Westfield Hub, Kileleshwa)
29. Joanna’s Kitchen (Chania/Wood Avenue, Kilimani)
30.City Ranch (Chania/Wood Avenue, Kilimani)
31. Miale Lounge (Lavington, Kilimani)
32. Eltajau Bistro (Gitanga Road, Kileleshwa)
33.Ashaki Bar and Grill (Kindaruma Road, Kilimani)
34.Cloud 20 (Kasuku Lane, Kilimani)
35. Fine Breeze Grill (Naivasha Road, Kilimani)
36.iBury Lounge (Riverside Drive, Lavington)
37. The Bar Next Door (Othaya Road, Kileleshwa)
38. Oyster Bay (Off Elgeyo Marakwet, Kilimani)
39. 909 Lounge (Along James Gichuru Road, Kilimani)
40. Egesa Lounge (Kangundo Road, Embakasi)
41. Quiver Lounge (Mirema Drive, Roysambu)
42. Barizi Lounge (Donholm, Embakasi)
43. Claret Lounge (Mirema Drive, Roysambu)
The 43 social joints were served with noise improvement notices, failure to which their proprietors face arrest.
City Hall announced the regulations were aimed at ensuring the maintenance of a safe and tranquil environment for the psychological well-being of individuals by regulating noise levels and excessive vibrations.
On Monday, November 28, while speaking during the launch of Twiga Foods at Tatu City, President William Ruto lauded Sakaja's decision to crack down on noisy bars and clubs in Nairobi.
“I want to assure my younger brother Sakaja of Nairobi that please keep the noise away from our children,” Ruto assured Sakaja.