At least three vehicles were on Saturday morning, December 3, involved in an accident on the busy Nairobi-Mombasa Road.
The accident occurred after a lorry lost control and hit two vehicles before overturning.
Nairobi Expressway and Mombasa Road were affected by the accident, which disrupted traffic.
"Mombasa road inbound snarl up due to multiple crashes involving several cars. The accident is affecting both Mwananchi Road and Expressway," an eyewitness reported.Section of Nairobi Expressway along Mombasa Road.State House
It was unclear if injuries or deaths were reported in the accident near Panari Hotel.
Traffic police officers arrived at the scene within minutes and immediately embarked on documentation of the evidence.
The officers also redirected oncoming traffic away from the accident scene, even as many drivers overlapped to evade traffic.
On the same morning of Saturday, December 3, at least four people died, while others incurred critical injuries after a bus they travelled in overturned along the Meru-Nairobi Highway.
The early morning accident involved nearly 46 passengers, most of who were from Ruiri Girl's High School in Kiambu County.
The passengers were heading to a wedding in Karen, Nairobi.
"Survivors were taken to Chuka County Referral Hospital, and four people, who we fear are dead, are still trapped in the wreckage," Tharaka Nithi County Disaster Manager, Alex Mugambi, confirmed.
According to the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), the number of victims in road accidents between January and October increased from 16,642 in 2021 to 17, 550.A bus overturns on the Meru-Nairobi highway on Saturday, December 3, 2022Filedead accident died death crash
- Relief6 February 2023 - 8:27 pm
- Golden Boy6 February 2023 - 7:20 pm
- Relief6 February 2023 - 7:45 pm
- Heart Breaking6 February 2023 - 6:59 pm
- First punch6 February 2023 - 6:12 pm
- NEW DEVELOPMENTS6 February 2023 - 4:48 pm
- FREEDOM6 February 2023 - 4:00 pm
- Education6 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- New entrant6 February 2023 - 3:59 pm
- Crime6 February 2023 - 5:21 pm
- CHANGING TIMES6 February 2023 - 3:16 pm
- On the spot6 February 2023 - 2:40 pm