- Citizen Digital
Citizen TV emerged as the most-watched station among children aged between 12 to 15 years in a survey conducted by research firm IPSOS.
The Royal Media Services (RMS) station, on Thursday, January 19 revealed the survey that put them on top at 68 per cent.
Citizen TV was followed by KTN Home at 25.3 per cent.
NTV - which is owned by Nation Media Group (NMG) emerged third among the stations with nationwide coverage at 11 per cent.Nation Media Group building located at Kimathi Street in Nairobi CBDFile
"Citizen TV most watched station at 68.4 per cent, KTN second at 25.3 per cent & NTV third at 11 per cent by children between ages of 12 to 15," read a statement by the station.
In relation to the ratings, the findings of the report showed that the RMS station was top with a rating of 7.7.
The rating was based on the most watched stations among adults with kids.
Citizen TV was followed by Akili Kids at 5.5 as Maisha Magic East came third at 2.3
NTV was rated at 1.9, KBC at 1.8, KTN at 1.7. These were followed by Supersport at 1.5 while KTN News came eighth with a rating of 1.4.
K24 and Inooro TV came in ninth and tenth at 1.1 and 1.0 respectively.
During the launch, the Communication Authority of Kenya (CA) argued TV stations to have more programs for children which would help them have an understanding of things happening in society.
"As an authority, we are committed to ensuring that the regulation model in children remains dynamic and speaks to the issues of the day," an official from the Authority stated.School children watching a TV programme in a classroom in November 2021.UN
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm