Details have emerged indicating that the American Government has weighed in on the search for Kenyan lawyer Willie Kimani who went missing a week ago.
It is reported that the US government has put the Kenyan police under immense pressure to find Mr Kimani, who was allegedly kidnapped on Thursday after attending a court case at the Mavoko law courts.
The US is said to have expressed concern over the pace at which the government was moving in settling the matter, considering the millions of dollars given to Kenya to boost security operations; training and provision of equipment for the police.
A report by The New York Times states that American law enforcement agents based in Nairobi are already involved in the investigations.
The US government is said to have reacted moments after the lawyer went missing.
“Within hours of the three men vanishing, the American Embassy in Nairobi received several messages from Washington asking diplomats to look into the case,” a source is quoted by The New York Times.
According to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK), police are responsible for the disappearance of Kimani together with his client and a taxi driver.
It is alleged that the three were abducted along Mombasa Road after attending a case hearing, where Kimani's client was suing a police officer for attempted murder.
Kimani is an employee of The International Justice Mission, an American legal aid group.murder
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm