The CS has emphasised that there was no deal signed and no agreement reached between Kenya and Uganda.
Amina Mohammed added that the talks with the Ugandan government involved discussions around various commodities and sugar was one of them.
She explained that the only matter agreed upon was the establishment of an East Africa Sugar Board to protect Kenya's sugar and ensure that what is being exported and imported is not from anywhere else apart from the region.
Amb. Mohammed has hinted that a meeting involving various stakeholders dealing with all the commodities in the region, is being planned so as to come up with beneficial trade agreements.
The supposed sugar deal with Uganda has fired up conflict between the Jubilee Government and the Oppostion, CORD.
CORD is planning major rallies across the sugar belt region over the weekend, in what they call an awareness exercise aimed at lobbying cane farmers against the controversial sugar deal.
- silver lining5 August 2021 - 7:51 pm
- Wow5 August 2021 - 7:56 pm
- Inferno5 August 2021 - 7:27 pm
- Shining Star5 August 2021 - 7:16 pm
- DEFENSE5 August 2021 - 7:07 pm
- Unfortunate5 August 2021 - 6:35 pm
- Wanted Person5 August 2021 - 6:20 pm
- Unmasked5 August 2021 - 6:20 pm
- Full List5 August 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Changing Tune5 August 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Take Note5 August 2021 - 4:21 pm
- details5 August 2021 - 4:27 pm