Billionaire businessmen and suspects in the Anglo Leasing scam that saw the government lose Sh 8 Billion - Rashmi Kamani and Deepak Kamani can now travel abroad, after a Nairobi court released their passports, which had earlier been impounded by the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions Keriako Tobiko.
The court ruled that the two brothers were free to continue with their normal lives, until proven guilty.
Despite the prosecution's argument that the suspects may be tempted to jump bail if allowed to go out of the country, the magistrate Doreen Mulekyo ordered the prosecution to release the passports on grounds that the Kamani brothers had demonstrated "submission to authority" when they presented themselves for trial without a warrant of arrest being issued against them.
This comes after previous attempts by the Kamanis to have their passports released had failed.
They are now free to attend business and domestic concerns until July 20, when their trial starts.
- it's time12 July 2020 - 8:03 pm
- next move?12 July 2020 - 7:28 pm
- Exposed12 July 2020 - 7:18 pm
- power games12 July 2020 - 5:47 pm
- marching band12 July 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Surge12 July 2020 - 5:23 pm
- Trailblazer12 July 2020 - 4:57 pm
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm