On Tuesday, Milimani senior principal magistrate Kennet Cheruiyot ruled that the prosecution failed to prove its case against Owino.
The Magistrate observed that while Owino used disrespectful language, the remarks about Kuria were not inciting or intended to cause the MP harm.
In the recording, Owino told off Kuria for making distasteful comments against the Opposition leader while addressing a gathering last year. In his speech delivered in Kikuyu, the Gatundu South MP stated that Odinga was a "threat to the nation" and should not be allowed to trouble the country forever.
In a rejoinder, Owino cautioned Kuria against making 'barbaric' statements highlighting that Kuria did not have a right to address the former prime Minister in the manner he did.
"As youths, as women in this nation we are passing a strong warning to Moses Kuria that Raila Odinga is not your mother's boyfriend. And we are telling you that the only person who is allowed to talk to Raila the way you did is neither you nor your mother but Raila himself,” Owino stated.
Owino added: "A revolution is coming. We are going to look for you and when we get you we will deal with you sacamphoniously(sic)."
Read Also: VIDEO: Babu Owino Takes on Moses Kuria
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am
- revealed28 November 2021 - 7:53 am
- Up in Flames28 November 2021 - 7:25 am