A report by the Kenya Aids Strategic Framework has revealed counties with the highest number of HIV infections.
According to the survey, counties from the Lake region led the pack coming in the top 10 counties with the highest prevalence of the virus among adults.
The report also revealed that in 2013, Homa Bay had a total of 12,279 new HIV infections, Kisumu had 10,349 while Siaya came in third at 9,869.
Shockingly, the findings indicated that married couples were the most infected and 83.6 percent of the HIV positive married or cohabiting couples were unaware of their partners' status.
The high prevalence among couples is attributed to unfaithfulness and casual sex.
- fulfilled wish26 November 2020 - 11:19 am
- Armed client26 November 2020 - 11:17 am
- Tough Times26 November 2020 - 10:45 am
- Strict Measures26 November 2020 - 9:53 am
- Keep off26 November 2020 - 10:12 am
- snubbed?26 November 2020 - 9:29 am
- breaks silence26 November 2020 - 8:48 am
- savings26 November 2020 - 9:09 am
- Ghost Staff26 November 2020 - 8:16 am
- undefire26 November 2020 - 7:52 am
- comeback26 November 2020 - 7:21 am
- Notice25 November 2020 - 8:27 pm