All business premises in Mombasa County will now be required to have the portrait of the governor up on the wall alongside that of the president.
This comes after members of the county assembly passed a motion to have all business premises and county offices display Governor Hassan Joho's portrait
The motion sponsored by Mjambere ward MCA Khamis Mwabashiri and seconded by Mtongwe’s Hamis Mwidani was backed by 12 MCAs out of the 14 present during the session.
Leader of Majority Abdallah Kasagamba says the move is meant to foster unity in the county government.
The Star quotes a lawyer saying that such legislation has no foundation on the constitution and that it is unnecessary and will only serve to cause friction with the national government.
- changes12 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- skilled12 July 2020 - 4:17 pm
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am