County to Spend Sh1 Million On Obama Senior’s Grave Restoration
Siaya county government has set aside Sh1 Million for the facelift of US President Barack Obama's father's grave in Kogello.
The restoration and maintenance will also be extended to Obama's grandfather's grave which is next to Obama Senior's.
Speaking to The Star, Siaya County chief executive committee member for Tourism Charles Akello pointed out that the facelift of the two graves had been planned a while back and therefore has got nothing to do with Obama's visit to Kenya in July.
The tourism committee for the county has also commenced on a series of activities aimed at making Kogelo a tourist attraction site, ahead of the July visit.
The activities include creating a visitor's park at Obama's stepmother's home, organizing a cultural festival and a tourism expo.
Akello however maintains that the activities will take place whether Obama goes to Kogello or not.
The final programme for Obama's visit is yet to be known.
- 15 December 2019 - 2:52 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 2:10 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:53 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:54 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 11:50 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:54 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:32 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:16 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:43 am
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am