A Nairobi court has issued a warrant of arrest against Kenyan journalist Jeff Koinange and businessman Tony Gachoka.
The order of arrest issued by Senior Resident Magistrate Maisy Chepsang on Wednesday, follows a failure by the two to honour court summons.
Koinange and Gachoka are alleged to have discussed the conduct of a company on the 'Jeff Koinange Live' show on April 1, despite there being a court order barring Mr Koinange, KTN and the Standard Media Group from broadcasting or publishing a defamatory statement concerning the company, The Nation reports.
Businessman Jimi Wanjigi, Mr Sani Mbui Wanjigi and Kwacha Group of Companies Limited through their lawyer want the company paid a total of Sh60 million as compensation for defamation.
The case is scheduled for hearing on June 5.
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm
- no way through21 October 2020 - 3:37 pm
- trouble21 October 2020 - 2:48 pm