The CS made the revelations when she appeared before the National Assembly’s Defence and Foreign Affairs committee, where she disclosed that the Sh200 Million account was meant to influence opinions in diplomatic circles.
The CS, who was appearing to defend her ministry’s budget for the year starting July, told the committee that the account was removed from this year’s budget by mistake and pleaded with the house for the budget to be reinstated.
“This funding was inadvertently removed from the ministry’s vote in the 2017/17 financial year budget and should be reinstated with a budget of Sh200 million.
“The President, the Deputy President, the First Lady, the Cabinet Secretary, and the Principal Secretary are occasionally required to incur confidential expenditure funded by the ministry with a view to softly influencing opinion/decision or support towards Kenyan interest in their diplomatic undertakings,” MS Mohamed said.
The CS did not disclose more details about the said account which has never been brought to the public limelight.
- Busted26 November 2022 - 7:12 pm
- Kind gesture26 November 2022 - 7:31 pm
- Revealed26 November 2022 - 7:04 pm
- Tussle26 November 2022 - 6:46 pm
- Looming Danger26 November 2022 - 6:06 pm
- FREEDOM AT LAST26 November 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Boom26 November 2022 - 6:33 pm
- Duties26 November 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Battle ground26 November 2022 - 4:51 pm
- SPECTACLE26 November 2022 - 4:14 pm
- Close Call26 November 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Boycott26 November 2022 - 3:53 pm