The CS made the revelations when she appeared before the National Assembly’s Defence and Foreign Affairs committee, where she disclosed that the Sh200 Million account was meant to influence opinions in diplomatic circles.
The CS, who was appearing to defend her ministry’s budget for the year starting July, told the committee that the account was removed from this year’s budget by mistake and pleaded with the house for the budget to be reinstated.
“This funding was inadvertently removed from the ministry’s vote in the 2017/17 financial year budget and should be reinstated with a budget of Sh200 million.
“The President, the Deputy President, the First Lady, the Cabinet Secretary, and the Principal Secretary are occasionally required to incur confidential expenditure funded by the ministry with a view to softly influencing opinion/decision or support towards Kenyan interest in their diplomatic undertakings,” MS Mohamed said.
The CS did not disclose more details about the said account which has never been brought to the public limelight.
- hard times5 July 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am