Residents of Muranga North and Kandara areas have decried increased insecurity which now forces them to carry weapons to defend themselves in case of an attack.
Reports indicate that a notorious gang has made it a habit to target drunk men, forcing them to carry knives for protection when going to their favorite pubs and joints.
The resulting situation is drunk men walking with knives, which residents now say is a potential risk to everyone.
The member of parliament also condemned what she termed as the county government's lack of consideration of the effects bars have on the children, when licensing them.
Muthoni further pleaded with men in the area to moderate their alcohol consumption as many youth in the area have been rendered impotent and with other health complications.
Her sentiments come in the same week a report was released indicating that Kiambu county splurges Sh. 14 billion on alcohol consumption.
- Ill-Fated5 July 2020 - 1:01 pm
- busted5 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- A-Team5 July 2020 - 12:24 pm
- Tragic5 July 2020 - 12:14 pm
- Outsmarted5 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- latest5 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- Hit Back5 July 2020 - 11:18 am
- gifted5 July 2020 - 10:20 am
- Baptism By Fire5 July 2020 - 10:29 am
- Lucrative5 July 2020 - 9:20 am
- desperate5 July 2020 - 9:06 am
- Overlooked5 July 2020 - 8:59 am