A Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) soldier was on Tuesday killed and five others injured after two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) exploded in Lamu near the Kenya-Somalia border.
The soldiers were on patrol near Sirira and Ishakan areas when the IEDs exploded and destroyed their armoured vehicles.
The injured officers were rushed to a nearby hospital where they are currently receiving treatment.
KDF stated that the explosives were planted on the road by suspected members of the terrorist group who were targeting the soldiers.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday night, President Uhuru Kenyatta and US President Donald Trump had a telephone conversation where the latter vowed to support Kenya’s fight against terrorism.
The US President expressed appreciation for Kenya’s significant contributions to the African Union Mission in Somalia and recognised the sacrifice KDF soldiers have been making in the fight against al-Shabaab.terrorism terrorist killed suspect fight
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm
- GOLDEN HEARTS25 June 2022 - 12:57 pm
- Murals25 June 2022 - 12:54 pm