The Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) Board has been dissolved with immediate effect following massive irregularities witnessed in the 2015 national examinations.
The government has further released names of top KNEC officials, including suspended CEO Joseph Kivilu, who have been ordered to record statements with the police over exam cheating.
Others mentioned include; Ambia Noor (Senior Deputy Examinations Secretary), Maundu Mantenzawa (Deputy Secretary-Security), Thomas McKenzie (Principal Examinations Secretary) and Sarah Majani (Senior Deputy Secretary-Reprographics).
The order was further directed to Bobby Nyagah (Senior Deputy Secretary), Geoffrey Gitogo (Senior Deputy Secretary-ICT), Michael Ndua (Principal Supply Management Officer) and Richard Mwangangi (Deputy Secretary).
While releasing the 2015 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) results earlier in the month, Matiangi indicated that the government would announce stringent measures that would help in curbing the cheating menace.
The CS indicated that his Ministry would collaborate with that of Interior and Coordination as directed by the President, to fight the vice which led to the cancellation of results belonging to 5,101 candidates.
Read Also: Counties With Highest KCSE Cheating Cases
- relief30 September 2020 - 5:44 pm
- found him30 September 2020 - 4:56 pm
- Kind-Hearted30 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- smart investment30 September 2020 - 4:05 pm
- the truth30 September 2020 - 5:33 pm
- Swift30 September 2020 - 4:30 pm
- beware30 September 2020 - 4:54 pm
- new cases30 September 2020 - 3:27 pm
- Outraged30 September 2020 - 2:00 pm
- congratulations!30 September 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Too Soon?30 September 2020 - 1:07 pm
- Crisis30 September 2020 - 12:51 pm