The Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) Board has been dissolved with immediate effect following massive irregularities witnessed in the 2015 national examinations.
The government has further released names of top KNEC officials, including suspended CEO Joseph Kivilu, who have been ordered to record statements with the police over exam cheating.
Others mentioned include; Ambia Noor (Senior Deputy Examinations Secretary), Maundu Mantenzawa (Deputy Secretary-Security), Thomas McKenzie (Principal Examinations Secretary) and Sarah Majani (Senior Deputy Secretary-Reprographics).
The order was further directed to Bobby Nyagah (Senior Deputy Secretary), Geoffrey Gitogo (Senior Deputy Secretary-ICT), Michael Ndua (Principal Supply Management Officer) and Richard Mwangangi (Deputy Secretary).
While releasing the 2015 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) results earlier in the month, Matiangi indicated that the government would announce stringent measures that would help in curbing the cheating menace.
The CS indicated that his Ministry would collaborate with that of Interior and Coordination as directed by the President, to fight the vice which led to the cancellation of results belonging to 5,101 candidates.
Read Also: Counties With Highest KCSE Cheating Cases
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm