Mbita Member of Parliament Millie Odhiambo has weighed in on the debate surrounding Kenya's 'hottest' police officer Steve Karisa.
According to the Opposition MP, Karisa, who caused a buzz on social media with his semi-nude photos, ought to have been deployed to contain the CORD coalition demonstrations against IEBC.
Speaking on Thursday, the vocal legislator jokingly suggested that when many ladies were wishing to be arrested by Karisa, her wish was to see him sent to manage the Opposition demos.
“Recently they(Kenyans) shared a photo of a handsome Kenyan policeman saying they want to go to his police station and get arrested. I also said this one should be the one sent to throw teargas[sic],” said Ms Odhiambo during an interview with K24.
The lawmaker was commenting on a new trend by Kenyans on Social media, who post photos of beautiful and handsome police officers.
"I like Kenyans now because they share photos of beautiful police officers. It is good to appreciate our officers especially the brilliant parts like beauty and handsomeness,” she added.
Karisa, who is based at Shauri Moyo Police Station, came into the limelight when photos of his well-built body circulated online.
The lawmaker further stated that she would continue championing for the rights of servicemen, especially female officers, noting she had fought for Linda Okello who was almost losing her job.
Okello caused a stir online when photos of her in a tight skirt went viral.
- Tough times5 February 2023 - 8:38 pm
- Unbothered5 February 2023 - 7:38 pm
- Unlawful5 February 2023 - 6:31 pm
- Victory5 February 2023 - 7:56 pm
- Be Careful5 February 2023 - 7:19 pm
- Journey5 February 2023 - 6:51 pm
- CREDITS5 February 2023 - 5:55 pm
- Lanes5 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Accident5 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- take note5 February 2023 - 3:30 pm
- Thirsty Days Ahead5 February 2023 - 4:17 pm
- Strategy5 February 2023 - 3:01 pm