Mohammed Ali Joins ODM, to Vie for Nyali Parliamentary Seat
Barely a week after announcing that he will vie for the Nyali Parliamentary seat, former KTN investigative journalist Mohammed Ali has joined the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party led by Raila Odinga.
The ODM Party confirmed Ali's move stating that it was committed to nurturing young politicians.
— ODM Party (@TheODMparty) March 8, 2017
On March 1, 2017, Ali announced his departure from the media stating that he would be in the race to be the next Member of Parliament for Nyali Constituency.
"I have stood up for you for over a decade, and used my voice to amplify yours. Now, I ask you to stand with me," the renowned journalist stated on his Facebook post.
The journalist has been a close ally of the Opposition leader and a fierce critic of President Uhuru Kenyatta's government.
Other journalists who are set to seek elective posts in the upcoming polls include former Citizen TV reporter Kendagor Obadiah and Editor David Ohito who resigned recently from the Standard Group.
- 10 December 2019 - 8:55 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:55 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 8:30 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 8:05 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 6:41 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:54 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 7:34 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 5:42 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 5:28 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 3:47 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 4:23 pm
- 10 December 2019 - 3:04 pm