Barely a week after announcing that he will vie for the Nyali Parliamentary seat, former KTN investigative journalist Mohammed Ali has joined the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party led by Raila Odinga.
The ODM Party confirmed Ali's move stating that it was committed to nurturing young politicians.
— ODM Party (@TheODMparty) March 8, 2017
On March 1, 2017, Ali announced his departure from the media stating that he would be in the race to be the next Member of Parliament for Nyali Constituency.
"I have stood up for you for over a decade, and used my voice to amplify yours. Now, I ask you to stand with me," the renowned journalist stated on his Facebook post.
The journalist has been a close ally of the Opposition leader and a fierce critic of President Uhuru Kenyatta's government.
Other journalists who are set to seek elective posts in the upcoming polls include former Citizen TV reporter Kendagor Obadiah and Editor David Ohito who resigned recently from the Standard Group.
- Order5 December 2022 - 7:33 pm
- Convicted5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Unraveled5 December 2022 - 4:58 pm
- On the spot5 December 2022 - 5:34 pm
- Ordeal5 December 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Nabbed5 December 2022 - 3:43 pm
- Reunion5 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Transition5 December 2022 - 3:15 pm
- tragic5 December 2022 - 2:55 pm
- Commonwealth5 December 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Justice5 December 2022 - 2:26 pm
- The Law is Clear5 December 2022 - 4:16 pm