A man lost six teeth on Wednesday after hurling a homemade bomb at a movie shop near Kenyatta University.
Clive Ginda, who also suffered serious burns, was oblivious to the danger his bomb posed on himself upon going off.
According to area Administration Police boss Michael Nziki, Mr Ginda was found immobile next to the shop, with his mouth bleeding profusely.
"We are currently holding the suspect for questioning to establish what he was trying to do," Nziki was quoted by the Star.
Inspector Nziki ruled out claims that it was a terror attack, and confirmed that they had recovered shells of the explosive which would be examined by experts.
He however, said preliminary investigations indicated that the act by Ginda could have been driven by rivalry, as he also owned a movie shop.
The explosive's impact left part of the shop's wall damaged.
- REPRIEVE3 August 2021 - 8:30 pm
- Stand Down3 August 2021 - 8:09 pm
- 3 August 2021 - 6:47 pm
- warning3 August 2021 - 7:30 pm
- Snubbed3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Take Note3 August 2021 - 7:57 pm
- TREAT3 August 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Power play3 August 2021 - 4:30 pm
- New Ways3 August 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Dire3 August 2021 - 5:41 pm
- Apprehended3 August 2021 - 2:49 pm