President Uhuru Kenyatta Monday, made 302 appointments to the boards of 79 state corporations.
The 302 appointments which according to the government are a reflection of diversity have seen Kenyans take to social media under the hashtag #RecycledPoliticians, to express their disappointment.
Notable appointments which have raised eyebrows, include that of Cord leader Raila Odinga's sister Wenwa Akinyi Odinga, former President Mwai Kibaki's daughter Judy, Stanley Michuki, son of the late Internal Security Minister John Michuki, Margaret Saitoti, widow of former National Security Minister George Saitoti.
Leah Ntimama, daughter of veteran politician William Ntimama, Kennedy Ogeto a Lawyer to Uhuru Kenyatta in the ICC case, URP secretary general Fred Muteti, Former President Kibaki's nephew and ex-MP Nderitu Mureithi are also in the new appointment list.
Among other beneficiaries of the presidential appointments is former Local Authority minister Musikari Kombo, Amani Coalition leader Musalia Mudavadi's spokesman Kibisu Kabatesi, Former Information Minister and MP Samuel Phoghisio,one-time chairman of the Kenya Revenue Authority, Major (Rtd) Marsden Madoka, Former Housing minister Soita Shitanda.
Other politicians who have landed jobs in the parastatal sector include Musa Sirma, Kalembe Ndile, Raphael Wanjala, and Wavinya Ndeti, former MP Omingo Magara.
However even as politicians and close allies seem to have dominated the list of appointments, the number of parastatals have been reduced from over 300 to 79.
See full appointment list on the Kenya Gazette
- PLAN IN PLACE24 January 2022 - 8:34 pm
- Recognition24 January 2022 - 6:43 pm
- NEW MEMBER24 January 2022 - 6:02 pm
- Response24 January 2022 - 5:44 pm
- exposed24 January 2022 - 5:57 pm
- new orders24 January 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Uplifting24 January 2022 - 5:07 pm
- revealed24 January 2022 - 3:09 pm
- BEST SUITED24 January 2022 - 2:14 pm
- Defiant24 January 2022 - 1:36 pm
- Revolutionaries24 January 2022 - 2:13 pm
- Remarkable24 January 2022 - 1:03 pm