The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) has nominated city lawyer Edwin Sifuna to battle it out with Jubilee's Johnson Sakaja in the Senate race.
Sifuna was picked despite opposition from Bukachi Chapia who was the party's sole aspirant in the race.
Through his facebook account, the lawyer disclosed the news to his supporters and accepted the nomination.
" As they say one door closes so that another can open. I have subsequently been petitioned by residents, party supporters and the party leadership to consider playing in a different position for the team, which is why this morning I have accepted the party's nomination as its candidate for Senate in the great County of Nairobi," he stated.
He is likely to give Jubilee's Johnson Sakaja stiff competition in Nairobi where the two parties compete neck-to-neck for popularity.
Sakaja, last week trounced Mutinda Kavemba to clinch the Jubilee ticket in the concluded primaries setting the stage for a battle with the latest entrant.
Sifuna at a past event.
- surrender12 August 2020 - 8:18 pm
- road carnage12 August 2020 - 8:14 pm
- boost12 August 2020 - 7:11 pm
- painful12 August 2020 - 7:10 pm
- no more patience12 August 2020 - 6:41 pm
- all angles12 August 2020 - 6:23 pm
- Nabbed12 August 2020 - 5:56 pm
- big man bazu12 August 2020 - 6:09 pm
- Gikomba Chaos12 August 2020 - 5:33 pm
- pimp my ride12 August 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Strength of a Woman12 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- loading12 August 2020 - 3:58 pm