The 2015 IAAF World Javelin Champion Julius Yego has been unveiled as Tusker Larger brand ambassador.
Yego confirmed the association on his twitter page.
— Julius Yego (@JuliusYegoKE) September 8, 2015
This comes days after the champion took to his Facebook page, right after his win in Beijing, telling off East African Breweries Limited (EABL) for using his name to promote their brand.
The image by Tusker was a silhouette of a man throwing a javelin with the words 'YEGOLD! A WORLD LEADING RECORDS IN JAVELIN THROW #TEAMKENYA'.
Yego had said it was wrong and he would not support it.
Read Also: It's Wrong, Yego Tells EABL
Yego won gold for his 92.72 meters javelin throw, best mark in the last 14 years and the third best record in the history of javelin.
His success sparked rumours that he had been offered Sh1 Billion by Qatar to change citizenship, allegations he strongly refuted.
Read Also: Yego: Who will Recognise Me in Qatar?
Yego is famously known as the 'Youtube man', after he learnt the sport online.
Here are the photos of his unveiling.
— IMG Kenya (@IMGKenya) September 8, 2015
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm