A police officer, attached to IG Joseph Boinnet's office, was on Wednesday shot dead by his colleague.
James Makhokha, who is based at Jogoo house - the national police headquarters, was shot by his colleague constable Patrick Kimani, after they had an argument while enjoying a drink at a bar in Embakasi.
Mr Kimani is said to have pulled his gun and shot the deceased after they disagreed over an unknown matter.
Efforts by another officer - Dominic Ngetich to intervene were futile as he was shot and injured and forced to flee.
After the incident, Mr Kimani, who was attached at JKIA police station, turned the gun and killed himself.
Mr Ngetich was rushed to was rushed to Bliss Hospital then later transferred to the Nairobi Hospital where he is currently recuperating.
Confirming the incident, Nairobi police boss Japheth Koome said other officers rushed to the scene after they heard gunshots only to find bodies of the two officers.
“We don’t know what transpired that led to the fatal shooting incident,” Mr Koome stated.
- updates22 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
- Last Minute Change22 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- at last22 October 2020 - 4:51 pm
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm