Musila stated that his constituents had been killed and displaced by pastoralist bandits who are allegedly enjoying protection from Duale.
“We are hearing that the Hon Duale’s camels are being herded in that area, and he has told the invaders to do whatever they want to do because he will protect them,” Musila claimed.
He added that the local leadership believed that the government had failed to address the security situation due to the powerful office Duale holds in the current administration.
“All we are asking is for the government to know that we are also taxpayers and we deserve to be protected like any other Kenyans. The solution is for the government to clearly define the boundaries between these counties because now they are claiming to be in Garissa and in Tana River.” the Senator added.
Musila complained that efforts to have Interior CS Joseph Nkaissery intervene in the matter had not been successful as no person had been prosecuted for the clashes that have left 25 dead and over 2,000 people displaced.
The Star had late last year reported that the invaders are of Somali origin and had been targeting the land owned by the local Kamba community – adding that they are always armed with guns whenever they are grazing their camels.
Here is the video, courtesy of KTN News:
- updates22 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
- Last Minute Change22 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- at last22 October 2020 - 4:51 pm
- notice22 October 2020 - 4:00 pm
- lanes22 October 2020 - 3:47 pm
- My Turn22 October 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Exams Plea22 October 2020 - 3:07 pm
- dead end22 October 2020 - 2:45 pm
- level up22 October 2020 - 2:34 pm
- Heartwarming22 October 2020 - 2:25 pm
- in large numbers22 October 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Old is gold22 October 2020 - 1:32 pm