Senator Naisula Lesuuda Defects from Jubilee to KANU as She Vies for Samburu West MP
The Jubilee Party has suffered a major political blow after the defection of one of its youthful senators.
Nominated Senator, Naisula Lesuuda, who is currently contesting to become the next Samburu West MP, announced that she would seek re-election on a KANU ticket.
“I will be seeking the mandate of Samburu West people to represent and serve them as their Member of Parliament on a KANU ticket. Tuko Ndaani ndaani hadi kwa (We are inside till the) ballot God willing,” Lesuuda stated.
The former television journalist had played a key role in President Uhuru Kenyatta’s campaign in 2013, even being nominated to the Senate for her good work.
She did not reveal the reasons for her exit but it has been a common trend for Jubilee politicians to defect to smaller parties where they are guaranteed of a direct nomination.
KANU has announced that it would field candidates for all elective seats, except for the President where they endorsed Kenyatta.
- 17 January 2019 - 8:34 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 7:25 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 5:37 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 5:29 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 4:55 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 4:38 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 4:16 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 4:00 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 2:40 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 2:37 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 3:02 pm
- 17 January 2019 - 1:56 pm