There was drama at Nanyuki Law Courts on Wednesday morning after supporters of Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel stormed the courtroom where he was to be charged.
The supporters began chanting the MP's name and refused to leave the court demanding for his immediate release.
Mr Lempurkel was arrested on Tuesday afternoon just a few minutes before addressing a press conference to speak on the deteriorating level of security in Laikipia county.
Lempurkel is said to have been whisked away and taken in for interrogation at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters over increased cases of invasion of private property in his constituency.
The legislator is linked to the deadly chaos that have rocked the Laikipia region.
In November last year, Lempurkel had been arrested for allegedly assaulting a female MP at the Office of the President.
Read Also: Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel Arrested
[caption caption="Police confronts rowdy youth at Nanyuki Law Courts"][/caption]
- impressive3 July 2020 - 7:33 pm
- new toy3 July 2020 - 6:48 pm
- unexpected3 July 2020 - 6:42 pm
- banned3 July 2020 - 5:04 pm
- new start3 July 2020 - 3:38 pm
- new record3 July 2020 - 3:29 pm
- Targetted3 July 2020 - 3:18 pm
- finally3 July 2020 - 2:54 pm
- you've been warned3 July 2020 - 2:31 pm
- nabbed3 July 2020 - 2:07 pm
- Seize the Moment3 July 2020 - 1:34 pm
- vandalised3 July 2020 - 1:13 pm