There was drama at Nanyuki Law Courts on Wednesday morning after supporters of Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel stormed the courtroom where he was to be charged.
The supporters began chanting the MP's name and refused to leave the court demanding for his immediate release.
Mr Lempurkel was arrested on Tuesday afternoon just a few minutes before addressing a press conference to speak on the deteriorating level of security in Laikipia county.
Lempurkel is said to have been whisked away and taken in for interrogation at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) headquarters over increased cases of invasion of private property in his constituency.
The legislator is linked to the deadly chaos that have rocked the Laikipia region.
In November last year, Lempurkel had been arrested for allegedly assaulting a female MP at the Office of the President.
Read Also: Laikipia North MP Mathew Lempurkel Arrested
[caption caption="Police confronts rowdy youth at Nanyuki Law Courts"][/caption]dead arrest
- Shining Star25 June 2022 - 7:56 pm
- Veterans25 June 2022 - 7:45 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 7:21 pm
- Luxurious25 June 2022 - 6:54 pm
- Crackdown25 June 2022 - 6:05 pm
- Roughed up25 June 2022 - 5:12 pm
- Own Path25 June 2022 - 4:25 pm
- Deal25 June 2022 - 3:40 pm
- Guidelines25 June 2022 - 3:35 pm
- TALENTED25 June 2022 - 2:49 pm
- GOLDEN HEARTS25 June 2022 - 12:57 pm
- Murals25 June 2022 - 12:54 pm