There Will Be No Joint Nominations in NASA - Kalonzo Musyoka Announces
Wiper Party leader Kalonzo Musyoka on Tuesday announced that there will be no joint nominations in the National Super Alliance (NASA).
Addressing aspirants in Nairobi at the Wiper Party offices, Musyoka stated that candidates from Wiper, Amani National Congress (ANC), Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and Ford-Kenya should be free to face one another.
“We want to give everybody opportunity to present themselves to the electorate,” the Wiper leader affirmed.
The former vice president noted that there was no need to lock out candidates simply because some members of affiliate parties in NASA wanted joint nominations.
Musyoka exuded confidence that NASA would send the ruling coalition home during the August 8 election.
Musyoka’s latest announcement could threaten the unity of the coalition considering a section of ODM leaders and ANC have been insisting on joint nominations.
According to the leaders advocating for joint nominations, if members of the NASA affiliate parties face each other on the ballot this could hand jubilee more seats in parliament due to the splitting of votes.
It now remains to be seen what will happen in the alliance after the latest announcement by the Wiper Party leader.
- 15 December 2019 - 2:52 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 2:10 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 1:11 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:53 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 12:54 pm
- 15 December 2019 - 11:50 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:54 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:32 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:16 am
- 15 December 2019 - 11:43 am
- 15 December 2019 - 10:11 am
- 15 December 2019 - 9:44 am