VIDEO: Military Wall Kills 4 in Nairobi Floods
Four people died and three others were injured after the Department of Defence (DoD) perimeter wall along Lenana Road, Nairobi, collapsed on them following the heavy rains that pounded the Capital on Friday.
The incident which happened in the afternoon was confirmed by the Kenya Red Cross Society, who warned Kenyans to exercise caution amid the heavy rains.
The victims are said to have been sheltering near the wall, when the unfortunate incident happened.
Red Cross also alerted that Denis Pritt, Lenana road, Bunyala road, Commercial street and parts of Uhuru highway were flooded, urging Kenyans to seek alternative routes.
The raging rains which continue to wreck havoc around the City have left motorists and pedestrians stranded, as the water levels inhibited movement.
Some of the most affected roads include; Thika Superhighway which was reported to have blocked between Muthaiga and Utalii, Pangani area and Ojijo road in Parklands and Kenyatta Avenue.
Here is the Video:
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm