A court in Makadara, Nairobi witnessed a case of unusual drama as a middle aged woman was charged with trying to kill her boyfriend following a squabble between the two.
The accused, Miriam Njagi allegedly committed the crime on April 2nd at the boyfriend's shop near Machakos Country Bus Station.
She claimed that the fight started when she went to ask the victim, Julius Chege for money to buy food and medicine for their child but Chege refused.
The lady then threw petrol at him with the intention to set him ablaze but he escaped before she could strike a match.
According to The Star, Chege refuted claims that the child was his insisting that the father was an older man.
The accused pleaded guilty to the crime and was admitted to community service for a day.
- tragedy9 August 2020 - 10:35 am
- The Truth9 August 2020 - 9:29 am
- 2022 Politics9 August 2020 - 8:46 am
- Shattering ceilings9 August 2020 - 7:49 am
- Commendable9 August 2020 - 7:28 am
- Troubled9 August 2020 - 7:14 am
- heavy hitter8 August 2020 - 7:58 pm
- in hindsight8 August 2020 - 7:32 pm
- changing lives8 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- emotional8 August 2020 - 5:57 pm
- woman of steel8 August 2020 - 4:35 pm
- Amen!8 August 2020 - 4:50 pm