IEBC Changes Bomet County Tallying Centre a Day Before Election
The Independent Boundaries and Electoral Commission (IEBC) has been forced to shift the tallying centre for Bomet County just a few hours before the elections.
The Bomet Tallying Centre was to be at Moi University Bomet Campus but has been moved to St Mary’s Girls Boarding Primary School.
Confirming the change, Bomet IEBC County Election Manager William Ndung’u stated that the shift had been occasioned by the failure of the University to comply with its set specifications for a venue.
“We had agreed with Moi University that they would have completed a certain hall that we were targeting but by the time we went there they had not finished. So we didn’t have a choice but to give the people of Bomet an alternative and secure a place,” Mr Ndung’u told Capital FM News.
Contractors were making final touches at the new tallying centre on Monday afternoon.
Bomet County is among the regions where heavyweight political battles will be witnessed.
Incumbent Governor Isaac Ruto will be facing Jubilee Party’s candidate Joyce Laboso in a do-or-die battle to defend his seat.
A neck-and-neck duel will also be witnessed in Senate race where Kanu Secretary General Nick Salat and incumbent Wilfred Lesan will be facing off.
- 12 November 2019 - 4:07 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 4:01 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 4:25 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 2:22 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 2:59 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 3:09 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 3:36 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 2:07 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 4:05 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 12:57 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 1:50 pm
- 12 November 2019 - 12:50 pm