Three IEBC polling clerks who were arrested last week in Malindi were Monday arraigned in court and charged with election related offences.
The clerks were accused of failing to validate registered voters' details during the electoral process in various polling stations in Malindi.
However, the three, Mr Emmanuel Muthui, Mr Ismail Gathingu and Mr Bernard Masha denied the charges before Malindi Principal Magistrate Silvia Wewa.
Mr Gathungu, who was a clerk at Msabaha Primary Polling centre, allegedly failed to validate the particulars of 43 registered voters using KIEMS kit.
At Kayukuni Primary School, Mr Masha apparently did not validate the particulars of 39 registered voters.
The court also heard the case of Mr Muthui who is accused of not validating the particulars of 64 registered voters at Majivuni Primary polling centre in Malindi.
They were released on a bond of Sh100,000 each.
Their cases will be heard on September 13.arrest
- Wanted Man9 August 2022 - 9:30 pm
- Check Results9 August 2022 - 9:04 pm
- Released9 August 2022 - 9:28 pm
- His Choice9 August 2022 - 7:45 pm
- Explained9 August 2022 - 7:39 pm
- Voter Apathy9 August 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Spotted9 August 2022 - 6:26 pm
- fury9 August 2022 - 5:58 pm
- Working Systems9 August 2022 - 6:07 pm
- Miscommunication9 August 2022 - 5:48 pm
- Human9 August 2022 - 4:31 pm
- Facts9 August 2022 - 4:39 pm