A new announcement has been issued indicating that the late IEBC ICT Manager Chris Msando would be buried on Saturday, August 19th at his family's home in Lifunga Kobiero Village in Ugenya, Siaya County.
Msando's family announced that there would be a requiem mass on Thursday, August 17 at the Consolata Shrine in Westlands, Nairobi.
The family further stated that there were arrangements by relatives to hold fundraising events on Monday and Tuesday at All Saints Cathedral from 5.30pm.
Reports indicate that IEBC's top officials led by Chairman Wafula Chebukati are expected to attend the funeral.
Mr Msando was found dead on July 31st in the company of a woman, Ms Carol Ngumbe at Muguga forest in Kiambu County after being reported missing on July 28.
Post-mortem reports conducted on the bodies of the two indicated that they were strangled to death with Msando having been tortured before the brutal murder.
Coming a few day's to the election Msando's death raised political tension in the country with the National Super Alliance (NASA) accusing the government of having a hand in his murder.
The accusations took a new twist after the election when NASA leaders led by Raila Odinga alleged that the IEBC's system had been hacked using Msando's credentials to rig the elections in favour of President Uhuru Kenyatta.
"We have caught them. Hackers gained entry into the election database through Mr Msando's account," Odinga stated.
The polls body, however, noted that Msando's credentials had not been used and dismissed claims on the alleged hacking.
- Imageshots fired10 April 2020 - 10:03 am
- Imagehidden agenda?10 April 2020 - 10:07 am
- ImageAnother One10 April 2020 - 9:56 am
- Imagegreenlight10 April 2020 - 9:11 am
- ImagePandemic10 April 2020 - 8:37 am
- Imageangry10 April 2020 - 8:34 am
- Imagesuffering abroad10 April 2020 - 7:13 am
- Imagedo's and donts9 April 2020 - 7:55 pm
- Imageabort mission9 April 2020 - 7:05 pm
- Imagekind9 April 2020 - 6:40 pm
- Imagebedlam9 April 2020 - 6:31 pm
- ImageBeware9 April 2020 - 7:11 pm