IEBC Commissioners' Security Has Been Withdrawn - Raila Discloses
National Super Alliance leader Raila Odinga has now revealed that the IEBC Commissioners are being threatened and intimidated by State agencies.
Addressing the media on Friday morning at Okoa Kenya headquarters, the Opposition leader noted that some of the IEBC commissioners had received death threats in addition to their security being withdrawn.
"A number of the IEBC commissioners are under serious threat by the government after their security has been withdrawn. Some of them are receiving very threatening mails to their lives," Raila disclosed.
He added that the intimidation was meant to make the commissioners tow the line in a bid to make sure President Uhuru Kenyatta wins the repeat presidential election.
The NASA leader further asked the government and the Inspector General of Police to reinstate the commissioners' security to allow the officials have peace to carry out their duties.
Raila also appealed to well-wishers to financially support his campaign ahead of the October 17th election.
Read Also: Raila Announces Price of Tickets to 'Canaan'
The NASA leader asked his supporters to make contributions of as little as 10 shillings to aid his campaign.
He equated supporting his Presidential campaign to buying a ticket to Canaan.
Here is the video courtesy of the Daily Nation:
- November 15, 2018 - 4:54 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 5:04 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 4:10 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 3:33 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 2:27 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 1:29 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 3:09 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 12:13 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 11:47 am
- November 15, 2018 - 12:45 pm
- November 15, 2018 - 10:49 am
- November 15, 2018 - 10:59 am