Embakasi East Member of Parliament Paul Ongili, popularly known as Babu Owino has announced that he has forgiven Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
The MP laughed off Sonko's insults made during a recent rally insisting that he had forgiven Sonko whom many people have compared him to for his flashy lifestyle.
Regarding his experience in jail, the former University of Nairobi student leader accused the police of pouring water on his cell floor where he was being held so that he could not sleep or sit.
The newly elected MP also expressed regret over protests in Kiambu after residents came out to demonstrate against him.
“If the people of Kiambu can come out to demonstrate against me yet cannot demonstrate against people who have stolen from them, then it is a big shame,” Babu told the Nation.
He maintained that his spirit had not been broken, in spite of the rough week he had at the hands of the police.
The MP insisted that this was not the first time he had such encounters with the police explaining that he had been arrested several times as a student leader.
“They can arrest my body but they cannot arrest my mind. I am a free thinker. I started sleeping in police cells as a primary school child when my mother used to sell chang'aa,” he stated.
As to whether he will stop criticizing the government, Babu stated that he would continue condemning it adding that there was nothing wrong with applying campus politics in the national arena.
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm
- silver lining7 August 2020 - 1:26 pm
- sad7 August 2020 - 12:30 pm
- Heartbreaking Tales7 August 2020 - 12:53 pm
- out the door7 August 2020 - 11:38 am
- Stormy Affair7 August 2020 - 10:42 am
- open up7 August 2020 - 10:21 am