Embakasi East Member of Parliament Paul Ongili, popularly known as Babu Owino has announced that he has forgiven Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko.
The MP laughed off Sonko's insults made during a recent rally insisting that he had forgiven Sonko whom many people have compared him to for his flashy lifestyle.
Regarding his experience in jail, the former University of Nairobi student leader accused the police of pouring water on his cell floor where he was being held so that he could not sleep or sit.
The newly elected MP also expressed regret over protests in Kiambu after residents came out to demonstrate against him.
“If the people of Kiambu can come out to demonstrate against me yet cannot demonstrate against people who have stolen from them, then it is a big shame,” Babu told the Nation.
He maintained that his spirit had not been broken, in spite of the rough week he had at the hands of the police.
The MP insisted that this was not the first time he had such encounters with the police explaining that he had been arrested several times as a student leader.
“They can arrest my body but they cannot arrest my mind. I am a free thinker. I started sleeping in police cells as a primary school child when my mother used to sell chang'aa,” he stated.
As to whether he will stop criticizing the government, Babu stated that he would continue condemning it adding that there was nothing wrong with applying campus politics in the national arena.
- opportunities11 July 2020 - 12:56 pm
- lucky escape11 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- Spotted11 July 2020 - 12:45 pm
- good news11 July 2020 - 12:00 pm
- R.I.P11 July 2020 - 11:17 am
- heartless11 July 2020 - 10:44 am
- Justice?11 July 2020 - 10:14 am
- Reconciled11 July 2020 - 9:26 am
- turbulent times11 July 2020 - 9:00 am
- Tactical11 July 2020 - 7:57 am
- rip11 July 2020 - 7:29 am
- Tragedy11 July 2020 - 7:05 am