Kajiado Governor Joseph Ole Lenku was on Saturday heckled by residents of his county during a Jubilee party campaign rally.
"Our people of Kajiado know that we have all...," Ole Lenku started before the crowd intercepted chanting Sonko's name.
[caption caption="Governor Joseph Ole Lenku, Felix Kosgei and Kirinyaga Governor Anne Waiguru"][/caption]
He managed to quiet the crowd by calling his predecessor, Dr David Nkedianye, to speak instead. Nkedianye received massive cheers from the crowd and went on to endorse President Kenyatta.
The Nairobi Governor would later step up to the podium to speak amid wild cheers and chants from the crowd.
Governor Sonko went on to lead the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday' to President Kenyatta, which was symbolic of voting for him on October 26 which coincides with the Head of State's birthday.
An attempt by Governor Ole Lenku to cut short Sonko's address was shut down by the crowd forcing him to step away.
When the Kajiado Governor finally got the chance to speak, the crowd rejected him once again calling for Deputy President William Ruto to address them.
"Your Excellency before I hand it over to the DP let me say one thing (crowd shouts no) settle down...(crowd chants 'Ruto! Ruto!') yes, he will speak to us," the Governor pleaded.
The Governor finally gave his short address calling for the residents to remain in peace during the election period.
Here is a video of the event.
- Strict Supervision20 January 2021 - 12:31 pm
- Details20 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- Take Note20 January 2021 - 11:24 am
- Ultimatum20 January 2021 - 11:05 am
- dream turn nightmare20 January 2021 - 10:32 am
- Developments20 January 2021 - 11:41 am
- Impunity20 January 2021 - 9:57 am
- revealed20 January 2021 - 9:19 am
- Revealed20 January 2021 - 8:27 am
- Dilemma20 January 2021 - 8:03 am
- Choices20 January 2021 - 7:23 am
- On the Spot19 January 2021 - 7:59 pm