The Late Governor Gakuru's Wife To Be Given A Job
After the new Nyeri Governor Mutahi Kahiga asked the President to give Mrs Gakuru a job, President Kenyatta promised to listen to her whenever she needs her help.
Governor Kahiga stated: “Catherine is highly qualified for any job. We are prepared to give her, but we fear we shall separate her from the family. We would like our President to look at her in favour.”
Mrs Gakuru is a Human Resource Consultant by profession.
She urged the media to be considerate while reporting on her late husband's demise.
[caption caption="President Uhuru with the late Governor's family at his funeral"][/caption]
Gakuru, 51, passed on following a grisly road accident near Kabati on the Nairobi-Murang'a highway.
He was buried at his rural home in Kirichu.
Leaders present at his funeral promised to carry on with his vision for Nyeri County.
Several Governors, MPs, Cabinet Secretaries, Principal Secretaries and Ward Representatives were present at the service.
Former President Mwai Kibaki was also present at the ceremony held at Kagumo High School.
[caption caption="The late Governor Wahome Gakuru"][/caption]
- November 12, 2018 - 7:53 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 8:23 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 7:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:04 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 6:24 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 5:16 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 4:37 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:58 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 3:46 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 2:17 pm
- November 12, 2018 - 1:28 pm